It’s that time of year again! The time when we give your our picks for the Best Books of 2014. These stories touched our hearts, our minds, or our panties (probably our panties) and left us unable to think about much else for several days after finishing them. They include New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Dark Romance, and Erotica. Some are series, some are standalones, and there are a few that make us get down on our hands and knees and beg the author for a sequel (I’m looking at you, Belle Aurora). In no particular order (except for the book we declare BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR), here they are.
*These are books that we read after our Best of 2013 List – some of them might have been read the last week of December. We’re still going to count them because, this is our list, and we can do what we want. Continue reading Flirty Fiction’s Best of 2014→
If I could put a crown on those puckered lips, I would.
For serious, Black Lies by Alessandra Torre is that good. The shitty part is, it’s so good that I can’t give too much away in my review or I will spoil it all for you and that is not what I’m here for. When I read it, I was like that Layanna bitch…she’s a bitch and she can suck it and Brant is so hot and then Lee showed up and I was like Lee is so hot but he’s an asshole and I was a rambly, run-on sentence. Continue reading Review: Black Lies by Alessandra Torre→
Book Three in the Amazon Best Selling Evolve Series by S.E.Hall, Entice can be read following Emerge, Embrace and Entangled (novella) or as a stand-alone.
Sawyer Beckett does everything full throttle— he’s fiercely loyal to his friends, always the life of the party and impossible for the parade of women in and out of his bedroom to forget.
Surrounded by true love and happily ever afters, Sawyer’s not sure if he’s enhancing the what-ifs in his head, or if the goddess on stage that night really is worth the search and nagging in his chest.
At the most inopportune moment possible, Emmett Young comes “skipping” back into his life…and for the first time, Sawyer is the one left wanting more. But Emmett can’t give her heart; it’s already committed—for life.
The only one strong enough to bring the elusive playboy to his knees is the one he can’t have. Luckily, Sawyer Beckett doesn’t give up easily.
Mature subject matter and strong sexual content- mature audiences only recommended.
(INSERT BUY LINKS HERE)
Sighing, I wrap a towel around my waist and open the door, ready to try and be at least a level of cordial I know is only right. “Listen, can I-“ “She’s gone.” I look up, startled by Laney’s voice and shocked to see her sitting on my bed. Thank God I put on a towel. “Where’d she go?” “Home I guess,” she shrugs, “I didn’t ask. I heard the front door slam and got up to see what the hell. Since you’re here and she’s not, I’m assuming it was her.” How did I not hear the door slam? Not that I would have chased her. “Alright, she left. But what’re you doing in here?” She stands, grabbing some shorts off my floor and throwing them at me. “Go put those on and we’ll talk. Since I’m up,” she shoots me an evil glare. I head back in the bathroom to change, and stay in there, locking the door. I am over six feet tall and lift almost every day, and yes, I’m scared to face Laney. Not only is she a hellcat when she wants to be, but I don’t want to see the disgust or disappointment in her eyes. She’s one of my best friends, even more so after becoming roommates, and her opinion means a lot to me. “Get out here,” she yells when she finally realizes I must be stalling. “Take it like a man.” Well, I might as well go out or she’ll undoubtedly come in here, kicking in the door or taking if off the hinges in what I have no doubt would take her less than five minutes. I open it and she pats the bed beside her. “Come sit down. We’re doing this now.” I hesitantly take a seat beside her, my knee bouncing as I wait for her to speak. “First, and of the upmost importance, you know I call my father ‘daddy.’ So hearing your visitors scream it repeatedly in the middle of the night freaks me out. I wake up thinking I’m in some bad Lifetime movie.” Fighting my smirk I agree. “Okay, got it.” “Second,” she stands and tucks a pillow between my headboard and the wall, “leave that there.” She once again sits down beside me. “School and game nights, booty call curfew is eleven. That work for you?” “Yeah,” I sigh and run my hands along my head, wishing I had some hair to pull. “It won’t happen again Gidge, I’m sorry.” She places a hand on my shoulder with a small smile. “Don’t be sorry, this is your house too and we hadn’t talked about it. Now we have, so we’re all good. Any rules you want to put in place?” “Nah, I’m easy.” “Made crystal clear by the parade of women coming in and out of here.” She laughs and scoots away quickly, ducking the pillow I grab and swing at her head. “Speaking of which, been busier than usual lately. You trying for Guiness or Gonorrhea?” Here we go – what she really wants to talk about.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, we will be featuring some of our favorites book couples on Flirty Fiction! Between now and Valentine’s Day you can expect to see casting, excerpts, and other extras 😉
Our first featured Valentine’s couple are Cam and Avery from J. Lynn’s New Adult novel, Wait For You. We love Wait For You, it was one of several J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout) books that made our Best of 2013 list.
Cam is in his early twenties and described as having an athletes body and is built like a swimmer. Cam has deep blue eyes, thick black lashes, and he’s tall with wavy black hair. He has broad cheekbones and wide, expressive lips. He’s also got one tattoo, on his chest.
We’ve combed through our list of books we read in 2013 and are pleased to present to you, Flirty Fictioners, the:
How did a book make this list, you might ask? Well, our criteria for selection was as follows:
The book must have been read (NOT PUBLISHED) in 2013. Here’s why: We read a bunch of books that were published the last few months of 2012, in 2013 and we just couldn’t leave them off the list. We tried. Honest.
It probably has a hot book boyfriend, with tattoos.
Our list includes choices from both your admins, Jess and Shara, and at times there was some overlap. Series, trilogies, prequels, and sequels are all considered one entry. I’m indicating with a J or S which choices were whose. Books that we both have on our list will be in bold and books that were published prior to 2013, but read last year will have a * by it.
Disclaimer: Please don’t email us asking why such and such a book that you loved didn’t make the list. We loved and read lots and lots and lots of books last year and this list was difficult for us to cut. Please don’t make us come to your house and cunt punt you (see dictionary).
So, without further ado, here they are in no particular order:
1. Good (Too Good 1), Better (Too Good 2) by S. Walden
2. Night Owl (Night Owl Trilogy 1) by M. Pierce
3. Beautifully Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren (J)
4. Beautiful Disaster*, Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire (J)
5. Easy by Tammarra Webber
6. The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski (J)
7. Origin (Lux 4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (S)
8. Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters
9. Facade (Games 2) by Nyrae Dawn (S)
10. Left Drowning by Jessica Park (J)
11. Willing Captive by Bella Aurora (J)
12. Trouble by Samantha Towle
13. Reapers Property (Reapers MC #1) by Joanna Wylde (S)
14. The Mighty Storm, Wethering the Storm by Samantha Towle (J)
15. Obsession by Jennifer L. Arementrout (S)
16. Leo, Leo’s Chance, Stinger (The Signs of Love Series) by Mia Sheridan (J)
17. Out of Line (Out of Line 1) by Jen McLaughlin (S)
18. Fallen Crest High*, Fallen Crest Family, Fallen Crest Public by Tijan (J)
19. Frigid (Frigid 1) by J. Lynn (S)
20. Carter Reed by Tijan (J)
21. One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable 1), Second Chance Boyfriend (Drew + Fable 1) by Monica Murphy
22. The Savannah Series by Danielle Jamie
23. The Agreement (Unrestrained 1) by SE Lund (S)
24. This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas (J)
25. Escaping Me (Escaping 1) by Elizabeth Lee (S)
26. Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (J)
27. If You Leave (Beautifully Broken 2) by Courtney Cole (S)
28. Wait For You (Wait For You 1), Trust In Me (Wait For You 1.5) by J. Lynn
29. Rush (Breathless 1), Fever (Breathless 2), Burn (Breathless 3) by Maya Banks
30. Fixed on You, Found in You by Laurelin Paige (J)
31. Someone to Love by Addison Moore
32. Fallen Too Far Series by Abbi Glines
33. Addicted by Charlotte Stein (S)
34. Deeper We Fall by Chelsea M. Cameron (J)
35. Love Me With Lies Series by Tarryn Fisher (S)
36. Shattered Ties (Ties #1) by KA Robinson
37. Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle (J)
38. Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings (J)
39. Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken (J)
40. The Torn Series by KA Robinson (J)
41. The Evolve Series by S.E. Hall (J)
42. Slammed, Point of Retreat, This Girl by Colleen Hoover
43. On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street 1), Down London Road (On Dublin Street 2) by Samantha Young
44. Bully by Penelope Douglas (J)
45. Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills (J)
46. Slow Burn by Nichole Christie (J)
47. Going Under by S. Walden (J)
48. Rule (Marked Men #1)*, Jet (Marked Men #2) by Jay Crownover
49. Hopeless, Losing Hope, Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover (J)
50. The Perfect Game, The Game Changer by J. Sterling (J)
51. Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
52. The Brie Series by Red Phoenix (J)
53. Club Destiny Series by Nicole Edwards (J)
55. Up in the Air Series by R.K. Lilley (J)
56. Real by Katy Evans (J)
57. Collide, Pulse by Gail McHugh
58. Black Falcon Series by Michelle Valentine
59. Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley
60. Thoughtless Series by SC Stephens
Phew!! There ya go! Sixty books that we think sum up our reading for 2013. If you haven’t read our favorites well, we’re not sure what you’re doing with your life 😉
Now, without further ado, the winner of our Best of 2013 Giveaway will be listed on our Facebook page, promptly at 12 Noon ET January 3, 2014. Head on over to find out if you won 😉